Originally Posted by Arac
I don't really get the BT flies way flatter than the Partition argument.....

Neither do I....I could cite recent shooting experiences but it would drive the plastic tip bullet fans,nuts.

There IS a difference but it does not seem to show up until after 500 yards....at that distance you can measure it with the palm of your hand.I am comparing 150 gr 7mm BT to a 150 NPT from the same rifle, and velocity out the gate.

Here's another way of looking at it....my 7mm Mashburn with 6x36 LR reticle,shooting a 162 gr Amax impacts at the top of the lower post at 600....it is zeroed 2.5" high at 100 yards.

The 160 Nosler Partition from the same rifle,impacts the same place at 600 yards.I do not have to rezero or touch anything switiching from one bullet to another......Difference? The Partition is zeroed 1/2" higher at 100 yards(3" high).I will let the math whiz kids play with that information and quantify it..... grin I'm just reporting reults at actual distance.

So, I "know" the Amax is flatter shooting,but practically speaking I could use either bullet on about anything from 0 to 600.Just fortuitously, it worked out that way with my rifle.

Not to hijack the thread....Mule Deer tells me the Rem UltraCorelok is a good bullet,and that is good enuf for me.I have never used one on anything but paper.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.