Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
A pair of numbered HPs for $1200 in the presentation box, in my opinion (bearing in mind that I don't really follow HP prices) would be a heck of a deal.

41magfan,

I have no doubt that Ted Yost could turn this great example of an HP handgun into a spectacular one, I think I would find him one that had more wear on it though.

This one, being 43 some odd years old and in really excellent shape, I just think is in too nice to get modified. I personally have not seen one in this nice of shape, this old, outside of a true collector's (generally non firing)collection.

For a gun going to a smith to be worked on for practical mods, I would pick up a surplus one or a relatively new one, that way I would not feel in the least bit bad about it.

Yost really does some first rate work though. I have seen a BHP with a stippled front strap, Novak sights and 1911 type thumb safety. It was a first rate job by anyones standard. Of course it was about a months pay for me, if I was to guess the bill. smile

there was a hi power floating around here off and on through the years, just never wanted to pay the money for it although it was worth it, custom barrel, fitted slide/frame, trigger job, and had a elongated beave tail welded on it to allow a high hold without getting bit. Just absolutely tighter than a drum. I don't remember what sights now were fitted on it.
I do know they can really be tweaked if one has the time and money and finds the right guy to do it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO