Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
IMO, the Mark IIs are the pinnacle of the Ruger bolt guns. They are CRF, feed smoothly, and are strong as an ox. Yes they sometimes need a bit of tweeking to wring out the best accuracy, but what mass-produced rifle doesn't? They also benefit GREATLY from a Timney trigger and sear, although the factory trigger can be improved a lot with a bit of stoning and a spring change. The safety is a trigger safety, but it is a good one and has three positions for unloading in the SAFE position. My Mark II in 7x57 functions flawlessly and is probably the last rifle I would part with, though it would be tough to part with the FN Mauser in the same caliber. Hope I never have to choose.

Nice post. I hear you about not getting rid of your rugers.....I almost fd up and got rid of one a couple of weeks ago......That would have been a damn shame. The only reason was, I really don't care for 308 win so I thought I'd dump it but I had to rethink things a bit....As for my M77 MKII 338 win mag...I'll never get rid of my "elk rifle".

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA