Originally Posted by GF1
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by GF1
My favorite in several .338s for more than 30 years is:

73 gr/IMR 4350
Fed 215
210 gr Nosler Partition

Winchester or Nosler brass.

That sounds like a load I'd try....How fast are those running? Probably pretty close to 2,900 huh......

Right at 2900 fps...I never really did a work up with H4350 because IMR4350 worked so well, but the Hodgdon's may be better yet. I just know that this load has worked in five rifles I had over the years, and the one that remains.

I wouldn't change a thing....I've made the switch to H powder in my 06's but my 338 load still uses IMR 4350...I don't shoot my 338 much in the heat or in the dead of winter, but during elk season I can generally count on it being around the same temperature during that time of the year....I don't think I'll be giving up my load of IMR 4350 and 250 gr. sierra gamekings too soon....I know it works and it works well, so why switch???? Now if I used my 338 win mag all through the year, I would probably consider switching to H4350, but that's not the case....I know guys that run the same load you do and it sure puts the elk down in these parts....However, my elk hunting partner has me hooked on the 250 gr. sierra gk grin......He also runs a 6-18x40 scope but that's him......I'm pretty content with my 2.5-10x40 grin...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA