Yep! I've got a couple. Last year, I bought a group of three parts guns from an estate, and with parts already on hand, I put this one together. The barrel was already shortened.

The receiver is half Model 27 & half 27S. The tang sight also fits the old 1894 - had this one for a fixer-upper someone wanted worse than I did. So I just added a blank to the rear sight slot & I still need a taller front, but that's coming with my next Buffalo Arms order.

The stock was jigged by someone with a LOT of time on his hands! I have a nice replacement that I've inletted to the receiver - I need to finish it one of these nasty days.

The hardest part of this project was hand fitting the firing pin so the bolt would lock up properly. Took a lot of cutting & trying.

This is a very handy gun to pack & light weight. I'd have to be pretty close to Wile E. Coyote before I'd shoot, but I thought it would work fine on an irate badger. I've heard of people killing deer with these... don't think I'd try that one, either.

My next 27S project is converting a 25RF to 25-20. I've got all the parts & lack only the 250 dollars for rechamber & headspace.

I can see why pump centerfires aren't too common anymore - there is a lot of intricate machining goes into one of these. SW

[Linked Image]

Darkness is all around us and enemy are just beyond the perimeter.