Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
You guys are gonna think (or know) that I'm a cretan but for me believe it or not its my Walther 3.4" P22. It goes pretty much everywhere with me and with birdshot and or Yellowhackets it's done some really cool stuff for me.
Dober

Mark, it is good to know that you have a good one. I had one in .22LR myself, but I got rid of it. My particular one simply would not shoot. Terrible sights and very fussy with ammo, with frequent smokestack jams. I expected better from Walther.

Generally, I defer to those who shoot more than me, but let me list a few of my personal favorites, in ascending order:

Dornaus & Dixon Marksman Special .45 ACP (a special order to my hunting buddy's gun shop, as I recall, mine is s/n 14 of 250, so it is fairly rare)
Colt Huntsman .22LR
Colt 2nd Gen SAA .45, 4-3/4" barrel
Browning HP 9mm factory parkerized in 1980s with double safety
ASP 9mm (need I say more?)
Highly customized Colt Series 70 .45 ACP stainless, bead blasted, in fact pretty much a full boat combat custom job before Colt offered any, done by Mark Krebs in his early days as a gunsmith before specializing in AK-47s.

And for the all-time favorite, I agree with Phil on the S&W K-22. Mine is stainless with a 4" barrel and ramp front sight, and its previous owner had a fabulous smoothing job on it -- including removing the serrations from the trigger. It cycles like butter and is the slickest pistol I've ever owned.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).