Tom,

I can tell you my experience... What you do with it is your business.

My 1st piece of advice is to make sure your sizing die has a tapered expander. If it doesn't, then buy one! The best bet is to buy two... one in .338 and one in .358. Neck up in steps... You WILL end up with more uniform necks.

2ndly: A few years ago, I purchased a "Case Master" runout guage. If you don't care about crooked necks, then just ignore this post. I found that both of my RCBS FL sizers were incapable of sizing without giving crooked necks. I purchased a Bonanza FL sizer and went from .007"-.008" of runout, to .001"-.002". A set of Redding dies gave the same results as the Bonanza. smile There is a reason why I have mostly Redding and Bonanza dies now... (And I had over 100 sets of RCBS dies before I started upgrading to Redding and Bonanza.)

A lot of folks will call me overly fussy... You darn betcha I am. smile I want my reloads to be the best that I can make them.

3rdly: I wouldn't bother with mil-surp brass. Most I have seen have off-center flash holes. Also, if you want the best results, start with unfired brass. Using once-fired brass already have the necks somewhat hardened. Altho' I do admit that I necked up about 80 once fired Norma brass, without a problem.

At any rate, 100 pcs of new brass will last a very long time, so why not go 1st class? YMMV....

OH! and use Redding or Imperial Sizing Die Lube... It's the best there is... smile

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"