Mathman,
Thanks for your response. I can find, although spotty, Data for the H4198 and the 125 to 130gr bullets. I can find no data for the 150gr bullets with that powder. I have interpolated data for the 308 Winchester and have loaded 32grs w/a 150 grain, but haven't had the opportunity to fire them. I think this should be a mild/midrange load. With the 4227 I can find no data so it is completely uncharted territory for me. Speed is not my goal, or I would use a slower powder.
It seems to me with previous experimentation with the 308 Winchester that it takes somewhere in the mid-30,000psi to get proper case seal to avoid case "smoking", but I have arrived at this with no pressure testing equipment and no Quickload data, so it may be and probably is in error.
I've really enjoyed the accuracy, reduced recoil, and reduced noise from the 4198/308 combination, and thinking it would be neat to go another "step" toward a faster burning powder in the 300 savage, thus the curiosity about the 4227. My goal is velocities in the 2200 to 2500fps range with enough pressure to seal the cases, and of course accuracy and low noise. I probably will never exceed the 45,000psi range, but thought it prudent to have the info to at least have an idea of where it goes.
Thanks for your reply,
Rick