Originally Posted by INDYBUSTER
Thanx Roger, I wasn't sure about your nomenclature. In the few left hand M-70 Classic Magnums out there, left available for parenting a wildcat, the bug bear seems to be that they were all made on soft tooling. The Browning tech whom I called thinks these asymmetric actions' spare parts will be gone in ten years. Soft tooling means a run of only 30,000 items, tops, not 100,000 to 500,000, as in hard tooled jobs.

And this also applies to the Miroku built, replica Winchester lever action rifles, too.

I believe that all of these soft tooling rifles should only use factory ammo, to cut down on parts breakages. Even now, you need to pirate a Win. 670's circlip extractor, to repair the older Remington 721's and 722's. So this is already a "robbing Peter, to pay Paul", situation. And I don't know if you can still, "Pay Paul, with Pay Pal", on E-Bay, either.

Wow, I have never heard anything like that. Do you have any documentation on that problem with the LH model 70's? There are pleny of donor guns out there,built up to larger calibers,not to mention stock 375H&H LH models out there. The Winchester custom shop even offered left hand "boomers" when they were operating.

To make such a claim,can't go unchallenged.

Last edited by RogerD; 08/03/12.