Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Agree at 400 yards; probably my lack of skill speaking but I can't agree about the 2 MOA/800 yds part. A human torso is about 16" across. There's just zero margin for error there, and nobody is perfect.

That said I'll buy that a 2 MOA rifle could be an effective weapon of war at 800 yds. But that's a different thing than saying it'll hit that torso every time.

Anyway... just talkin' here.....

The standard "iron maiden" target the military uses is 20" wide by over 30" tall FWIW. Plus for the military a wounding shot is usually as good as a kill, as it is a drain on the enemies assets. We don't get that luxury when hunting.

Plus now that I think about it we are having some misscommunication going on. When I'm talking about 2 MOA and 800 yards I'm talking about a rifle that is known to consistantly print groups 16" or smaller at that range. When I refrenced Carlos Hathcock above his .30-06 in his hands shot groups of 20" or better at 1000 yards. I'm not talking about taking a 2 MOA at 100 yard rifle and expecting it to always place bullets in a group =/> 16" at 800 yards. Even though in theroy that is what should happen.

Last edited by taylorce1; 08/19/12.