They do appreciate that call. A year or so ago I had a contracting outfit call me several times to get my business on remodeling the kitchen. I finally agreed to have their rep stop and give me an estimate, but he never showed and called like an hour late to cancel. Fast forward a couple months; new appointment with same guy, same scenario, late and no call for a long time. Next time they called I told them I would not have them do any work for me because all I knew about them was that they don't show up when they are supposed to and leave me waiting for a phone call. They were shocked and assured me it was because they were so busy, and I assured them they could go ahead and catch up without worrying about me.

Later I got another contractor to come give us a bid, and I told him the story. I think it sunk in because they came and did a pretty good job, and always called if their people were going to be very late.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.