Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hotload: I have enjoyed virtually EVERY Clint Eastwood movie - for a couple of reasons: #1 is, he literally saved my life when I was a youngster and #2 he is a great actor and has a great screen presence.
Let me explain the life saving situation.
When I was 6 or 7 years old my slightly older friends dared me to jump off of the high board at the local swim place.
Well I finally was chided enough to take the plunge and sure enough I took in a ton of water and began drowning and was unable to get to safety.
Who swims up and yanks me from the water but Clinton Eastwood Jr.!
He also gave me a lecture and forbade me from jumping off either diving board (the low or the high) until I was able to swim 3 laps of the pool without stopping.
I always said hello to him when he was the on duty lifeguard at that swimming place after that - it also never failed that a young woman or two would be swooning around him that summer.
If I had to pick a favorite movie of his I would have to go with "Unforgiven".
But for pure emotional impact I was "touched" by the original Dirty Harry.
In fact I was asked to leave the theatre by the manager just after I answered out loud Dirty Harry's question "Do you feel lucky punk" with an unprofessional and very inappropriate for a mixed race audience - "SHOOT THAT N----R"!
I also very much enjoyed and was very surprised by Gran Torino.
Long live Clint Eastwood.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VarmintGuy - Don't think I ever saw a bad Eastwood movie, but some I enjoyed more than others.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt