We have all been there. Accraglass or Steel bed or other bedding compound is all set up and hardened and now it is the nervous time to see if the rifle is EVER going to come out of the stock! We remove the action screws, pull off the bottom metal (Hopefully this comes off easliy but....) then we wrap our fingers around the barrel and tug. UGH! No movement! Pull harder and harder then go up the force continueum until we HOPEFULLY at last are holding a barreled action and a still in tact riflestock in two separate hands. WHEW! Another close call! Now it is time to analyze, how much damage did we do to the bluing, metalwork or stock before it came apart for us?

So, to avoid all of this angst, what do YOU all use as a relaible and easy release agent when glass bedding a rifle? I have three of them to do for a rancher who is allowing me to hunt bear and cougar on his large tract of prime bear and cougar habitat and I want these jobs to go smoothly. I have a can of Brownells spray on release agent coming to try out, but wonder if this is THE BEST or if there iss omething else out there that is even better. Car Wax and PAM non stick spray been tried with minimal success so far.

THANKS in advance for the intel and suggestions,

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500