The shoulder of the 9.3x62 is further forward than that of the 35 Whelen and the neck diameter is large. Both contribute to 1) more powder capacity and 2) faster velocities when apples to apples bullet weights (say the 250 grainers) are compared. What's not to like? I think the American shooter who is savy enough to notice these things is sitting up to take notice. The 9.3 has a great selection of bullets; quality, well known and tested bullets. Very good yet cheaply available brass from Grafs, Prvi, Hornady as well as some excellent Nosler and Lapua brass. With Remington, Federal, Hornady (forgive me if I've missed some) legitimizing the cartridge with factory ammo, it's coming onto the radar of even the mass of non-looney rifle sportsmen who do NOT frequent internet chat forums. What American, non-looney rifleman doesn't know of Ruger? CZ is not far behind with their 550.

As per our own rifle loonies. Instead of owing various, 1, 2, 3 or more 9.3, I opted to put a little more money in my one Pre 64 M70 put together by our own Redneck and finished by Charley Santoni of http://riflestockpainting.com/

May I present their work in an Echols Legend Edge filled stock?

[Linked Image]

Alan