Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
We're looking at replacing our existing 40 gallon water heater to a slightly bigger one. Our current heater works just fine but since we've remodeled our master bathroom and added a Jacuzzi Whirlpool tub, it takes all of the hot water so we're looking at maybe a 75 gallon water heater.
Yeah, the Jacuzzi requires an 80 gal. tank.. We had to install that when we remodeled and added our Jacuzzi..

I've heard a lot of good things about the tankless water heaters and I was wondering if anyone here has one and would like to hear your opinions on them. Can I install it myself or does it require a pro to install it? Or should I just go with a bigger tank model?
IMVHO, tankless is great for bathroom basins, kitchen sinks etc., but it will not work for filling a bathtub - and certainly not a Jacuzzi..

Maybe the newest ones and/or additional offerings re: sizes can actually do it.. Oh, and if you do it, GAS is the way to go. The electrics just can't keep up (from those around here who have 'em)..

I had a plumber give me an estimate on a Rinai 2 years ago when our Heater went south. The only reason I did not buy it was the very expensive insulated tubing that would have to be ducted thru our roof from the garage otherwise it was a done deal.