I prefer wood/bluing to synthetic/ss... in catalogue pict's the american classic ones look pretty snazzy to me.

savage 14 american classic

I'm considering a new one in .308... just need to wait until the shop actually gets one for me to see. They were first out in 2004 I think, anybody got one? Happy with it? The accutrigger looks interesting, but until I get one in my hands, I don't know if it will seem too weird.

Also, I know some folks don't like the nut on the back of the bolt of the savages... doesn't bother me too much. But what's the story with having the tip of the sear sticking up out of the stock? Is there some advantage to it being visible? Also the accutrigger models have a 3 position safety, the instructions I saw off the web make it seem a bit strange to use the middle position. If you have one, how have you found it?

They also have a new model... "Euro classic" coming in 2006. It has a different stock (with cheekpiece), an oil finish, and it has iron sights on it... looks like it could be interesting.

Euro Classic

Input would be appreciated.