I bought an Encore MZL a year or so after they first came out. It has been a solid performer and I have been very pleased with it to date.

I picked up a 22-250 and 444 barrel for it and have used them both for hunting. Both barrels shoot well but after a couple of seasons, the novelty wore off so the encore stays as a MZL. I am happy with this but the concept did work as advertised. I doubt I will buy another barrel for it but it scratched the itchy phase for me.

With the all of the above stated, it surprises me that I have never seen another person hunting with an Encore in a rifle configuration. Two friends bought them with as MZL's and still shoot them but beyond that, I have not seen another outside of a gun store. I hunt with a lot of different people in many places so it really does surprise me that I have not run across one elsewhere with all of the endorsements that we see for them. I see numerous #1's, H&Rs, CVAs, and even a couple of European single shots in hunting camps but no TCs. Maybe they are more popular in other areas but they are very reclusive in the south.