Earlier this year I drew my dream tag in my home state of Utah, a Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep.
Thursday Nov 1 was the opener, I went with my nephew and one of my friends we found a few small ram's quite a few ewe's and lamb's also. On Friday we found a Ram band with 5 mature rams, the biggest ram was awesome on his left side but the right side had 10"-12" broken off. Saturday we tried different area's outside the core of the unit and only found one boobus ram, on the way back to camp while we were in cell phone range my nephew got a call from one of his friends that was hunting in the unit to the west of us, he said they had found a monster ram but he was so far away they did not want to shoot with the equipment that they had "can you come help us in the morning ?"
We drove over to them first thing yesterday morning, did a bit of glassing to find the monster ram again. he was in an area that there was no way of getting closer, with 3 rangefinders between the 5 of us we all came up with 1285 yards.
Big problem I told the guy. my drop chart only goes to 1000yds. My nephew says go somewhere to get cell coverage and call our mutual friend and have him figure it out on his ballistic program, I gave him every bit of info from exact elevation to 20 degree shot angle.
In the mean time the ram had wandered in back of a huge rock so we got the rifle and the scope all dialed in and waited about 15 minutes for him to come back out. when he reappeared he gave us a beautiful broadside shot, my friend squeezed the trigger, the shot went just under him (the rock was a few yards farther back than where we first ranged him) the ram walked a few yards closer (back to the original 1285 yards).
He turned sideways BOOM.... the 160gr Accubond had hit it's mark, the giant ram was dead before it hit the ground.
My friends knew they would have to spend the night recovering the ram so they grabbed their sleeping bags and pack's and headed for the cliffs, cant wait until they get down sometime today so I can see him up close and get pic's. 2 video camera's recorded the shot so I will see if I can get a utube link later when it is posted.

Then I went back to my hunt, found 6 ewes with a so-so ram until dark.........until next weekend, hope shooting my ram will be as much fun as helping my friend.
Work is gonna suck this week.