(Warning - spinning gear shown below wink )

I can't believe the mild weather this year, and the way it's kept the fish easily accessible to a fly rod. Either that, or the fish have always been there in November, but I'd given up fishing for them. We're still hooking good sized fish, on nymphs/wets in the shallows. Last week it was 10 good fish for 11 casts, but only because on the tenth cast I missed one.

James is more and more starting to get the hang of actually working with a fly rod. I still need to do some coaching - rod tip down when stripping, keep tension on the fish... Realistically though, it's about the same as what I have to do with his mom smile

Last Friday was "PJs" day at his school, and we stopped by the pond on the way home to see if we could give some fish a little bit of jaw pain. The Redear is all his, I hooked the bass and handed him the rod.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life is good, even if the trip down the American on Saturday was just a boat ride with the boys. There were no salmon rolling on the stretch of river we were floating, and we only saw 5 really ragged ones swimming in the shallows in some frog water. Next Saturday, we're floating the Yuba.