They werent frosted over until we got back in the pickup

Today's update...When we left the house, it was -10 out and dead calm. We drove 30 miles up to the mountains and it was 20 degrees but the wind was blowing about 30mph...it sucked to say the least. The snow set up over night so it was alot tougher to get around today. We ran into a buddy who was sitting off the road contemplating whether to try and bust drifts to get to a spot to glass. Figured we could with two pickups and it wasn't to hard to get up to the ridge. We found a spot where a herd had fed all night but it was on private ground on the other side of the fence from some national forest ground...this is what it looked like while glassing...looked like the north pole
[Linked Image]

We thought about gettin out and hiking around the inside the forest fence but decided we better get out before we got drifted in bad. Well it was to late even after only being there 20 minutes. Our tracks were already covered. We got to the edge of the ridge and I let the other guy go first since he had a 3/4 ton duramax and my pickup is only a 1/2 ton. Well he made it down the hill but had to make a corner to go across a built up road across a creek. Well the drift sucked him in and he was stuck beyond horrible. Luckily he left me enough room to get by. He was right on the edge of a 10 foot drop off where the culvert went under the road. I stepped off to find the culvert and sunk to my waist. Well we hooked the tow rope and I backed up within a couple feet of his bumper.

Told the wife to hang on and took a run. We hit the end of the 20 foot rope and I smashed my head off the visor...He moved a couple feet forward but deeper into the snow and farther off the bank. If the snow hadnt been there, he would have rolled over. I backed up and repeated a few times and by the grace of god, he came out. I never thought my 1/2 ton would pull him out and knew it would take alot of work from a tractor to get him out. Good tires helped alot! Didnt get any pictures of him in our sticky situation as the blowing snow felt like razor blades and just didnt even think to take pictures until after the fact. We decided that was the end of the trip for us and headed home. Thank god it wasnt below zero or it would have been unbearable with the wind. Here are a few random pictures from this morning.

This was the road to where we parked yesterday...decided we better not try it. Even if we made it up there, we probably wouldnt have made it back out
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.