WHILE fishing in wyoming once i ran into a guy using the clear plastic floats with a spinning rod and reel. the fly was a platte river special (streamer). he filled the float completely with water and the bubble took its time but sank gradually. this was fishing in a lake. i have used a float and wet fly on a spinning rod often fishing for bluegill when there are more than 2 people in my boat. i have taught quite a few youngsters to fish using the float and wet fly combo. i bought the clear floats at cabelas. the one i like best has a rubber tube that runs inside of it.
<br> while fishing with a friend who doesn't fly fish i tied a plain piece of wooden stick above his fly. the stick was for weight and worked in the pinch.
<br> i like the idea of the rapala and dropper. just like the two fly cast it is possible to catch fish on either. i've used the dry fly with nymph dropper on yellowstone lake with some success. these combos can be a pain because of the tangles that i inevitably incurr but sometimes it's worth the aggrivation!