My highest dollar AR is the Colt or maybe the Grendel. I have never owned a LMT. I am not the right guy to answer it but I can tell you that my 3 1911 45's are a good analogy.

Kimber Target Eclipse.
Modified Springfield.
Les Baer Stinger Stainless.

All three run whichever ammo I have put through them. I hit well with all of them. The Baer is tighter and you can feel a difference even by just pulling the slide. The Kimber is a very nice looking weapon and has nice sights. The Springfield is Duracoated Green and Black, has iron GI sights. The Springfield is the best in one way for sure. 45 snobs dismiss it as a second class piece. It is a seriously accurate and has an unknown make aftermarket trigger in it.

Quick answer is that the Les Baer and Kimber are worth the extra money to me but I would feel confident with my old Springfield Armory. It's sleeper status kind of got ruined when I had it Duracoated. I need to get some nicer sights on the Springfield.

So after all of that: the higher end rifles are different and better but not cost justifiable to some people. Good problems to have in my opinion. Everything is like that. Some people can't see buying a Swarovski and are totally happy with a Redfield. Guess what, that Redfield guy might shoot a lot better and be a better hunter, doesn't mean that you would be happy with his setup. You know what you want. You can't go wrong but I warn you the black rifles are addictive.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls