I realize this reply is to an old discussion but I cannot resist. I have a similar and more recent experience to share. I responded to the easy payment plan for NRA life membership. For signing up, the NRA sent me a nifty little pocket knife...MADE IN CHINA. I also checked inside of my 2 caps...yep, MADE IN CHINA with big American flags embroidered on the sides. Well, putting my money where my mouth is, I boxed it all up and shipped it via UPS back to NRA HQ. I have heartburn with the NRA spending my membership dollars on "give aways" made overseas. I would rather get nothing but the magazine and know that the bulk of my dues go towards lobbying for our 2nd amendment rights. Personally, I don't need or want a bunch of logo stuff. This is a "gimicky" way to spend membership dues and does nothing substantial in helping to fight the good fight. ESPECIALLY since it is hypocritical to spend US green backs in a communist country where the average inhabitant can't even legally own a firearm! No sir, I don't like it, not one little bit. I enclosed a letter with the caps and knife asking the NRA to give that stuff to a non-patriot. I hear the other posters talking about how hard to impossible it is to NOT buy stuff from China. I do not dispute it and it is an unfortunate reality of this "new world order" we all seem to be stuck with. Having said that, I sure as hell believe that an American icon such as the NRA has a responsibility to it's membership to work harder in keeping our funds at home. I would rather see them offer a lot less "stuff" and reserve something nice MADE IN THE USA for, say, hitting the 5 year mark or achieving life membership or doing SOMETHING to EARN SOMETHING, not just throwing another piece of junk at someone for singing up. But thats just my two cents.