Long time user of these scope covers but the recent batch I have are shoddy at best. I have sets that are quite old that still work like new, though they were made in the USA IIRC. Just returned from a hunting trip where I used two sets of the new Butler Creeks and all broke within the first couple days afield. They didn't go through anything that my older USA covers didn't go through and all four quickly busted.

I was stunned to see that the area is pencil tip thin where the hinge is attached to the flip cap on the new covers. This area is not solid, but is a thin hairline joint forming a small rectangle. The joint doesn't even cover all four sides of the rectangle, it is only joined on three sides of the box, the remainder is void. A piss poor joint in my opinion.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This thin line joint quickly formed stress cracks and then began to fail. My old covers are fine and I suspect they have a solid joint, but I do not wish to destroy them to test my theory. Regardless, the new ones, at least the ones I have, are poorly made.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just an FYI if anyone is looking at covers. I'll send something to Butler Creek in case they are interested and consider this something worth looking at.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/03/12.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood