I am guilty of doing this on my Rugers especially...

I have a couple of those Boat paddle stocks...a couple of factory laminates and a couple of Boyd's Laminate stocks..plus a couple of Hogue Rubber Stocks...

That is for both long and short action Rugers, of which I own about 8 in total...

I admit before hunting season each year, I set up a couple and sort of grab which one is going to fit where I hunt and what weather the day may bring..

if it is clear and I am going to be walking up and down a lot of hill sides, then I'll probably grab the Zytel boat paddle rifle..

if the weather is going to be crap and I'll be in and out of a lot of brush, I'll grab the rifle I have a Hogue Rubber stock on..

if it is a bright sunny down, and I'll be doing a lot of slow walking and spotting, I'll probably grab one with the Laminate stock on it..

I change these Rugers around all the time..

I have a Model 70 short action, I do switch barrels on..
I have 4 different stocks for that one..
the factory wood one, that came with the factory 243 barrel..

then I can change the bolt and put a heavy magnum barrel on it and chambered in 223, and use either a Hogue Rubber Stock or a Boyd's thumbhole laminate on it..

or I can put a 260 Rem Barrel on it, that is also heavy magnum contoured.. currently that is wearing a Win Factory Synthetic stock...

the first stock came on the rifle.. the Boyd's I paid $100 for, from Boyd's...the Hogue, I bought on the Campfire Classifieds for $50 shipped..and the Synthetic Factory Stock, a friend gave me that for free... he wanted a Mickey stock on his instead...

so I don't have a ton of money tied up into the flexibility..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez