Of the three you mention, stick with the 165 Hornady. Get yourself some Reloder 15. In Federal brass, Speer shows 44 grains giving a little over 2600 fps from a Savage 99 with a 20" barrel. John Barsness, aka Mule Deer, recommends 42 grains under 165's to get 2600, and I think he's using Winchester brass.

If you can't get this powder, try working with the Varget. Based on my work in a couple of 308's I'd say its burn rate is similar to the Re-15. I'm not saying exchange them grain for grain however. Just work up carefully.

Ron T may chime in on this topic, and he's got a lot of good dope for the 300 Savage. He didn't get great results with Varget under 150's, but I found the charges where he maxed out to be a little light for optimum results. I'm loading for a Model 700, whereas he's working with a Savage 99, so he's liable to be a little more conservative than I with respect to this cartridge. That said, I don't like to push things that hard either. I've got bigger guns if I need more juice.