Good evening all.

I am looking at an old side by side double and trying to decide it its measurements are something that I can work with.

LOP is 13 3/4 and drop is 1 7/8 and 2 3/4. I have measured a couple of guns that I shoot better than any others and found LOP of 14 1/4 and drop of 1 5/8 and 2 3/8 on one and LOP of 14 1/8 and drop is 1 5/8 and 2 1/2 on the other.

That puts the prospective purchase at about 1/2" shorter LOP. about 1/4" more drop at the comb and 1/4" or so difference at the heel.

I don't know enough to know is differences like that are likely to be significant.

Another issue to stir into the pot is that I have been fighting a neck and back injury for a few years and my posture isn't what it should be. I am thinking that with the shorter LOP and longer drop numbers, shooting the prospective purchase would require me to stand up a little straighter. That might help me with the posture issue. If anybody cares to offer some advice along that line I'd sure appreciate it. Its easier to justify a medical expense at my house than another old shotgun!

Thanks for your help

Jim