Originally Posted by hunter5325
Maybe it's just me, but not finding where it talks about how hot Henry's can be loaded. Might have missed it...

Sorry, did not mean to lead you astray. It doesn't say how hot to load a Henry action but the action design is a weak one although modern steels and tighter tolerances make the action somewhat stronger. What I was hoping is that the take down pictures would help you understand the weakness of the action design. The Henry was originally designed for a .44 rimfire cartridge that was a very low pressure cartridge.

I just looked up the .45 Colt in my newest (2012) Hodgdon's reloading magazine and it says for Colt pistols of the black powder era use the loading information for Colt pistols and NOT for Ruger, Freedom Arms, etc. Pressures cannot exceed 14,000 CUP. My suggestion is to use loading data for a .45 Colt in a Colt SA pistol and you should be okay with your .45 Colt Henry.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude