Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Nothing sings Alaska like dragging a 25" tube, 10 pound 30/06 around the tundra or up a goat mountain...

When I saw these on the Winchester website months ago, I thought they had missed the mark by a wide margin.

Yep, going the absolute wrong direction with the 06 for sure. I do, however, like the 375 and wouldn't mind taking a better look at one of the alaskan models. Even a lot of the die hard pre 64 guys eventually leave the heavy std's in the safe and take the fwt's to their hunting camp....I like my SC FN 30-06 EW but that was after I threw it into a Micky edge stock to lighten it up a bit. It's about 7 3/4 pounds with the VX3 3.5-10x40 which is a 1/4 pound lighter than my all original pre 64 model 70 308 fwt that was made 60 years ago. Winchester needs to get with the program but since they are moving their assembly plant to portugal, I think their heads are stuffed so far up their azzes they've reached the point of no return!!!!!! I won't buy another new SC made rifle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA