Originally Posted by 7mmshawn
hey guys i new here and im a bit confused . ive been reloading for about 5 years now and i have 2 7 mags ive been playing with . ive been shooting 140 gr sierra game kings and speer 145 gr boat tails mostly with imr 4350 and fed 215s . im shooting 64 grains and these loads shoot awesome , pretty much one hole at 100yds . i was looking up data last night and wonder why there is so much load data difference and speed difference from book to book . for example nosler shows 65 gr max with imr4350 and another book says 60 gr max . and the speeds will be 2930 in one book and 3280 in noslers book . so i guess my question is what is the best way to find the max load in a rifle when you run across this problem . would it be better to use a chronogragh to try and get to the speeds shown in books or what ? ive never chronoed any of these loads but as far as i can tell there is no signs of extreme pressure in either gun . the primers look good , ive loaded most of the cases 4 or 5 times already , and the bolt is easy to open . any suggestions are appreciated .

I love "1 hole" guns.... whistle. Fill us in on this sucker....Pics appreciated too...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA