Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
Originally Posted by DP4
Originally Posted by Mauser_Hunter
Do you thing the Etrax 10 is good enough if all you want to do is track out the way you went in? I don't need all the other stuff, but it has to work in deep timber.

My hunting buddy bought a eTrex 20 and it's receiver sensitivity was equal to my 450 Oregon. After he saw me use the touch screen he had buyers remorse and said he wish he had bought the Oregon.

I'm not one for gadgets, and never owned a GPS before. I was going to get the Bushnell backtrack, but I saw too many negative reviews on it. Especially, about losing the signal.

My concern about the eTrax10 is getting a good signal in the timber, and showing me how to get out. My memory is getting worse in my old age, and I don't trust myself to find my way out on my own anymore.

It's only $110, and if you say it has a good signal. That's what I want. Not interested in any other features.

I think you want to make sure you see this in the description, "High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix� quickly acquires satellite locations".

Also, being able to retrace your footsteps is a really nice feature, especially when trying to wind your way through thick brush in the dark.

Quando omni flunkus moritati