Originally Posted by teal
Any of you than can recommend a place where a guy can rent a cabin/boat for a week and get in on some serious good/huge pike?

My dad wants to go someplace where I can consistently get onto some good pike - not numbers but big pike.

We have places where we can catch 30 to 60 pike a day in that 25 inch to 30 inch class - he's looking for someplace where he can catch upper 30's and in the 40's and have a good shot at doing it.

Something that won't break the bank? Even if he has to take my brother's boat - a lake where he can rent a cabin etc?

Does such a place exist?

For many years I had it in for big northerns. The best places know of to catch them are around the twin cities. I know where to find them that run in the high 30 in range, but beyond that, there is nowhere south of Ontario that consistently will produce a many in the upper 40 inch range.

If I wanted to spend a week catching 40 inch and bigger fish I'd go to Lake Nipigon about the first week of June and I'd go out into the lake and fish shallow dark bottomed bays and the lakes on the big islands. No cabins, no accommodations at all, but the fish are there. Dangerous lake for small boats and people unused to big water. There used to be an outfit that would take a houseboat out with a few small boats on it. Without an 18 foot deep hull boat though you are stuck in one place if the wind blows much at all. That lake and open water is a good place to die in a 14 foot shallow hull boat if the wind comes up. Not much different than Superior.

If you want a quality experience with some big northerns and some big muskies available, there is one place. I could get get a few big ones in a weeks time. If you know what you are about you could too, more likely only one big one for a newb.