Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seems a probability that toxic parenting played a part in THIS atrocity.

I think you are dead on.

First clue - broken family. There are a lot of good reasons why God hates divorce.

I'm not being very hyperbolic when I say that women have no business raising kids without a father. And that is just one problem out of many with broken families.

JFC...the blatant ignorance here knows no bounds...and leaves me utterly speachless. At what point does stupidity become profound enough that one should be locked up as some profess on this and other threads??

First you have the clueless that have no conception of mental illness nor the spectrum and degree it may be manifested.

Then you have the nearly as clueless suggesting 'toxic parenting' with no basis or foundation. From what I have read the mother was private about her family matters - as many are. The ONLY failure we really know was allowing access to the firearms. Items I have read indicated she planned to move and look for a program for her son. Maybe she didn't realize how bad he was...maybe he found out her plans and that's what sent him over the edge.

The reality is that we just don't know. I really don't see much difference in the ignorance displayed by the anti-gun groups and the speculative ignorance displayed here. In both cases people just want a simple answer and that's not reality.