The very hardest thing for me is when anyone wants more velocity from their gun. "How much pressure?" Many want a .44 special at over .44 mag. Same with those that want a .45 Colt at .454 levels. They move to a .460. It is a velocity syndrome like rifle shooters. Until you realize it is DISTANCE not what you need at 50 yards or under will you get it right.
All calibers work but some things are not needed where you hunt. The .44 special is just fine as is the .44 mag.
I just can't run down what anyone shoots but please tailor what you shoot for distance and the size of the animals.
It is up to you to find what works.
340mag made some good comments on twist rates and it is 100% true. Yet I shoot a 330 gr WLN of my making from a home made mold from my .44 mag that kills deer like a hammer and it fits the Rugers with space to spare. It has a long nose with less in the powder space. It also matched the ogive close to the forcing cone angle. It has shot 1-5/16" at 200 yards. No more velocity is needed.
Why is it so hard to see that you need to make your bullet/boolit work at how fast you shoot?