I figured as much that you were tongue in cheek and only posted my ribbing reply after JSC's inspired me but you snuck a reply in between as I was posting.

The muzzle loader season here is not at all about having a primitive season for hunters. It is again all centered around money. The state makes cash on taxes. This includes scopes, powders, pellets, saboted bullets, etc, and all other muzzle loader accessories as well. They even put the season AFTER the rifle season and rut so handicapping oneself to shorter ranges is compounding an already big enough problem. A long shot is more likely after the rut and the deer have been spooked from 4 weeks worth of "warfare" (by the sounds of it anyway crazy ) in the woods so a scope makes more sense for our ML season.

If you like to handicap yourself, or make it a challenge, this is honorable, but the need to enact a change in, or more laws, I'll pass on that vote and opt as you, to do it on a personal level, if the desire so happens to overwhelm me. But then, I'd probably get rid of the inline and pellets, and pick up a Kentucky rifle and some Goex if I felt so compelled.

[Linked Image]