Found this reply on another site, should clear up the confusion on where these bags are manufactured, Buy North American

Thanks for your review. As the General Manager of Woods, I thought that I would let you know that we still do produce the original 5 star and 3 star bags in Canada. They have changed very little from the original 5 star sleeping robes which the company has produced since the late 1800s. They still come with the snaps to attach the two inner down quilts. Over the years the bags have evolved to reflect progress in materials - The main innovations over the years have been the use of a very durable size 10 YKK zipper to close the outer bag, and the replacement of the original woolen liners with a washable fleece liner. The outer fabric is improved from the original Woods Canatite canvas shell to a more breathable and fire resistant canvas fabric.
I wish that we could still make all of our sleeping bags in Canada, but as you point out it is difficult for many customers to justify the $750.00 price point, so we have also begun to produce some similar products in Asia. These get better each year and for Fall 2013 we will have some improved Asian made versions which are more realistically priced - close in quality to the Canadian made products but at around the $400.00 price point. IN addition we have some synthetic filled versions at the $250.00 to $350.00 price points (hooded) which some find to have some advantages over the down filled models. We will still continue to make the 5 stars in Canada but will brand the Asian versions as 3 Stars to clearly show the difference.
Again, I appreciate your review and I hope that you continue to enjoy the 5 star for many years.