OO - Can't disagree with you at all. Sorry, I sure didn't mean to imply that it was the colleges or universities driving the money train or getting a big payoff because of post season games. Indeed, it is the bowl organizers and the TV market making the big share of the bucks taken in for the post-season games. The colleges and universities get some national publicity for their teams and "educational" prowess, but as Iowa found out, it ain't free.

When I was in college, back in the stone ages, a student ticket for the entire season of home football games was $16 - and Nebraska won 2 National Championships my first two years there. When our son enrolled there in 1995, freshmen couldn't even get season tickets at all. In the 21 years between my graduation and our son's enrollment they had expanded the stadium by 20-30,000 seats, too. Last I heard my brother talk about going to a game in Lincoln, the total cost (for 2) was in excess of $400 (tickets, parking, travel expenses, snacks at the stadium) and they didn't stay overnight. I have better things to spend my money on, especially since most of the games I want to see are on the tube, regardless of who is playing. No wonder I haven't been to a game since 1983 or thereabouts.

JMHO . . .

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member