Well, it's been an absolute age since I gave an update (life has been crazy lately), but here is the latest. Corelokt was able to do the work on the rifle, and though it took him longer than he thought, I wasn't in any rush so it was fine. He got it to me in October--in time for deer season, when it was put to good use. grin He cerakoted it (graphite black, with gunmetal gray on the bolt), mounted the scope (and lapped the rings, etc.). He also installed, the Ed Lapour 3-position safety, tuned the trigger and repaired the crack inside the stock and rebedded it. Finally, he sent it back with a leather sling gratis! Wow...

The whole rifle looks really sharp, and shoots beautifully as well--here are a few quick pictures that I recently took to show you how it looks now... It looks awfully pretty in the wood stock, but the last thing I'm going to have to do is put on that indestructible Hogue stock that Seafire sent me. I figure I'll switch back and forth between them according to which would suits me better. One last time, I just want to thank all of you who helped me out with advice on this project (esp. Nsaqam and Safariman), and those who made actual donations--Gophergunner, Corelokt, Seafire, Ed Lapour, Kutenay, David Walter). Thank you--I can't tell you how grateful I am!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)