You're taking my post out of context. Not sure where you get that from my post. I wasn't saying a larger gun/barrel has more recoil. Was saying going too large in chambering in a short barrel compact gun may add to recoil and flash in a negative and excessive way. Using my LEO secondary conceal carry gun, being a snub nosed model 60 .357 magnum. Though I shoot 100% scores on daytime qualifications using full .357 mag ammo, testing has shown that using short barrel engineered ammo chambered in 38 Special increases efficiency when shooting low-light close quarter combat courses. This is due to this short barrel ammo having reduced recoil and reduced muzzle flash. Being that the latest statistics showed that 50% of the recorded self-defense handgun incidents occured in the home, that data shows that using such a reduced recoil, reduced muzzle flash ammo would be to a greater advantage than any terminal ballistic performance one would gain using the magnun ammo.

I'm not picking sides and drawing lines in the sand, it is just the opposite. I was just pointing out where some had drawn a line in the sand as certain hanguns being not an option, when in reality, all the facts and data show differently. Because of my occupation and my position, quite a number of folks new to guns have stepped forward seeking advice on concealed carry handguns. This is especially true since the latest school shooting. Not every handgun is the perfect size and choice for every person.

Best smile

Last edited by GaryVA; 12/31/12.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood