Download some bird noises like woodpecker distress or any other sounds from birds in your area. Hell, it wouldn't hurt to try something the coyotes might have never heard. I use jackrabbit distress calls up here but since you don't have jackrabbits, try cottontail distress. Whitetail fawn distress will work too. Pretty much any thing that sounds like it is dying or hurt badly. Depending on when the breeding season is down there, coyote challenge sounds, female invitation calls and such will work also. Your 7-08 will be more than adequate for 400 yard shots if you are practiced enough to make the shot. If that's what you are comfortable with, by all means, use it. Set the caller and decoy up wind from you since the coyotes will try to circle down wind a lot. This will bring them in to you instead of down wind into your scent. I've called coyotes in during all times of the day. Haven't hunted them at night so I cant help ya there. Bottom line is just get out there and try. There are no cut and dry methods. Coyotes like any animal can be smarter than he'll or dumb as a rock. A lot of times, it just depends on how hungry they are. Get out and try and let us know how it goes. Don't forget pictures!

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.