In recent years these domstic mainstream manufactures have come up with very similar offerings. Are these style of actions just cost effective? When I first saw the Savage Edge / Axis i thought to myself well thats one Savage I wont own. Then one day at the range i was sighting in rifles for folks who needed it. A guy had a new Axis XP. It printed a sub 1 inch group with factory ammo at 100. So the ricle is accurate just not expensive. Ugly as all get out but to me a rifle is a tool it doesnt have to have a pretty stock or scroll work to take a deer. I havent shot the Ruger or T/C yet but Im betting from the posts here thise are shooters as well. Even money says the Remington will also shoot.

So did it all start with the Tikka? Is there a really good CNC machine out there that each manufacture purchased and added a recipe to a rigged action. Of the 4 the TC sticks out the most with its easy swap system. Any engineers or custome fabricators care to chime in on these very similar designs?

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can