RUAG is a Swiss technology company; out of it's subsidiaries, Ruag Ammotec manufactures ammunition for small arms. Their munitions are marketed under the brand names: RWS, Geco, Hirtenberger, Rottweil and Norma.

6 or one-half-dozen... what I would like to know is whether Ruag's acquisition of Norma in 2002 consolidated manufacturing processes; and, whether their various production plants have the same quality control standards.

For my various rifle chamberings, I would prefer Nammo Lapua (for price and availability), however they do not produce 300WM; I have also verified that while they were distributing 300WM, they were in fact produced by Norma.

RWS does produce 300WM and 308, however they do not produce 223; Norma produces all three, so it is my assumption that RWS and Norma follow Ruag Ammotec's production protocol, however raw material and quality control may not be even.

Does anybody have any information on this? If all things are equal, I would have to choose Norma; They supplied Lapua with 300WM casings and are owned by the same parent corporation as RWS.