Hi guys, I work for Leica and am here at SHOT. BTW, thanks for a great mention Rick! Everyone who visits our booth picks these up thinks they're LIGHTER, not 2oz heavier, than the current Geovids. Mr Howell, I'm sorry your experience was so lackluster with our early Geovids. I can only assure you that today, things are different. As far as accuracy goes, these are accurate to +/-1y @ 550y, 2y @ 1100, .5% of distance measured after that. As far as ranging a fence rather than what is beyond it, that would be possible in some situations, mainly with our (much) older products that measured based on the first return of the laser the sensor received. Now we use a multi-gated return that takes 100s of measurements to give one distance. Too much to fully explain here, but it keeps the system from being spoofed. Our lasers are accurate, durable, and reliable enough today that they're being asked for by name and used in combat by some of the most elite units in the military, and we neither build for, nor market to them. Please excuse any typos. It was a long day at SHOT and I'm using an iPad. If anyone here has specific questions about this or any Leica product, feel free to contact me.