For us in highpower when the wife and I were first learning, the first thing you did was to learn to shoot groups. Groups of up to 22 shots at a time.

If you corrected and couldn't hold a group things got worse quicker.

Once you knew how to shoot groups, the ONLY way your score went up and stayed up was centering the groups and keeping them such.

So at some point we quit practicing trying to learn to shoot groups, and ALL of our shooting was related in how close you were to the center.

I've shot a couple of groups at nationals in the past.. 300 rapid fire where the x ring is 3 inches... with irons on an AR... that were 10 shots LESS than 3 inches. Unfortunately every time I did that it was not centered usually for elevation and though they were groups to write home about so to speak, the location of such in the 9 ring tossed me out of the running for that match immediately.

So in a nutshell to me, you practice keeping tight groups first until you master that, and after that nothing much else matters except pinwheel X shooting so to speak.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....