Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Isn't the tribal pistol for one of those reality shows? Where you get kicked off the island?

226 Tribal:

Yet another example of Sig being completely out of touch with reality.

In my very jaded grouchy, opinionated opinion, Sig needs to pull their head out of their third point of contact and focus on quality control.

They have managed to destroy the reputation of what once were absolutely stellar combat handguns. Today's Sigs are a total crap shoot. You may or may not get a reliable one. You may or may not get one where the sights actually stay on the weapon.

15 years ago you could pick any new P226 out of the box, load it and go to war. Not a friggin' chance now.

But you can get rainbow colored guns, Gold etched Molon Labe juvenile crap with matching grips on your unreliable Sig 1911, Don't forget the Sig with the "diamond plating", or the "Zombie edition" P238.

Talk about a company that has lost their minds and destroyed what once were considered one of the very best.

OK/....1,2,3, Grouch OFF.

CHEERS!

grin grin

I've recently had 3 Sig pistols - a P220 Super Match, a 238, and a 938. All three had problems. The P220 had a rear sight that wouldn't adjust properly, though it was reliable and accurate. The trigger was unworthy of a match gun, and I could easily out-shoot it with my Baer. Traded it for a shotgun.

The 238 needed a modified recoil spring before it would run reliably. It was traded for a 938

The 938 did not run reliably. I wrote up a mini-review of it in the handguns forum. The main problem was, they appear to have shot peened the whole slide assembly, roughening surfaces that should have been left smooth, like the breech face. I've polished it up, and need to try it again to see if it will run. I guess I'll keep it, at least until Colt makes something similar.

I was interested in the Sig 716 rifle, but after all those problems, I decided to stick to my Armalites. I read somewhere that the former head of Kimber is now running Sig, so I guess Sig will now be making lots of nice looking guns that work 60% of the time. frown

smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."