Originally Posted by waterrat
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler
Those clowns on Accurate Reloading are full of schitt. Nobody shoots 100 rounds of .577 NE, .600 NE, or .600 OK in an afternoon and if they claim to then they are full of schitt.

Accurate Reloading used to have some knowledgeable and experienced posters like 500Grains but Saeed and Don ran them off long ago. That site has long since devolved into a competition between the elderly fat guys who can afford to go to Africa and come back and tell lies about their bravery, the sandal lickers who lick Saeed's smelly Arab arse in the hopes of getting a free safari, and the egomaniacs like Ted Williams and that fat doctor who claim to be impervious to recoil and are petitioning Heym for a 5 lb .577 NE double. LMAO!!

I don't think your too far off track on some of this!

This was my experience on AR as well. They run the site like a club promoting certain ideas, products (and big ego's).

Anyone who crosses a line, critical of certain product or idea, is hounded and provoked in a tag team manner. Name calling and disrespect all part of the act.

My crime, I was critical of the 600ok. Never the users, just the design parameters. Man, did I ever hit a nerve. I got dumped on big time. I fought back with criticism of muzzle brakes, 2 shot magazines and rebated rims. Pointed out a few 1000's reduction in bore diameter and all issues resolved. I was banned.

I noticed a couple other of the more informed members disappear as well. Never saw anyone banned for bad manners or personal insults. As far as I could guess, it was for opinions contrary to certain moderator or member views.

Website based forums are not a democracy. The owner & moderators can do what they like. I joined several hobby forums and this one caught me by surprise. Live and learn. Fortunately, there is a world of good people and forums to join.

As to most recoil, my 6 lb H&R 12ga with 3 inch magnums is pretty rough.