I know this is an older posting but maybe the OP will check back in.
I've loaded the 44WCF for many years and fired thousands of rounds in SASS matches. Not the Mousefart loads you hear about but full house loads that match the original factory of 1873 and after. If you use smokeless powder then the 427098 Lyman bullet sized at .429 in a 20-1 alloy will give MOA accuracy with 8 grains of Unique. If the cases are cleaned and you lube the cases they will give you many reloads, much more than the 3 that was posted.
I have found that the false information on the 44WCF is passed around by persons who have never even fired or owned the rifle.
To the OP's posting on the 44 rim fire and the comparison with the 44WCF, there is none. The 44WCF out performs it hands down and anything hit with the 44WCF will not know the differrence between it and the 45 Colt.
If you order your bullets from one of the large vendors you will receive bullets that are too hard for the caliber and it will not obiturate in the barrel. You should use a bullet that has a 10 BHN for best results.
The Uberti rifles will be the correct size of .427 if a later model. I have had several that had this size barrel. I cast my own bullets and size them on my Star at .429
I have cases that have over 10 loadings on them and the primer pockets are still tight. I only shoot the real black powder.
Marlin and others have decided on their own to make the 44WCF with barrels as large as 430 so that they will shoot the same bullet as the 44mag. A bullet weight of about 215 is max for the caliber with 205 being the original loading. This is lead and not the jacketed 217 bullets of 20th century loadings that I'm speaking of.
I went to Accurate moulds and had the owner Tom make me a copy of the original bullet but with wider and deeper lube grooves so that it will hold more lube for BP shooting.
A friend of mine by the name of John Kort had some bullets designed with him also. In fact John has worked with Tom on many different calibers.
Take your time and sort out the truth from the bull and you will find the 44WCF just as fun to shoot today as it was in 1873.
The original rifles were actually made with bores of .425 size. I have one of the original Lyman loading tools and the bullet cavity drops bullets that are .425 in size. Take Care David AKA Fairshake

Shooter ot the Holy Black,Warthog,Bold,Deadwood Marshal,Border Vigilante,So that his place will never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat