Originally Posted by Savage_99
Not sure what you mean by "safety" but don't seat them so far out that they stick in the throat, jam in the magazine or fall out or for that matter into the case.

It's just that the 110grainers are so stumpy, there's hardly any straight shank to play with - so to seat them to the point where they are close to the lands, they are only seated about a 1/4" into the neck of the shell...
I don't know if that's going to be a safety issue with pressure spikes, or perhaps some other factor?
...................................................................................

Originally Posted by Savage_99
The 110 Hornadys that I have are the VMax. I seated them to 2.8" and they shoot about one moa.
You may have the soft points and they could be a shorter bullet. That Hornady Spire Point design brings the bullet closer and not further towards the throat.

I've got ballistic tips, I've also got a batch of Hornady 150gr. which also shoot badly.
I'm probably wrong, but I thought that the spire point, being sharper than the more rounded Nosler, would still require a bit of a jump to the lands even when they are seated at the same length as more rounded projectiles.

I've always had good accuracy results with round nose projectiles. Poor BC though.

Last edited by DBT; 02/04/06.