Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm sure I'll get toasted, but if somebody is looking for "accuracy", a Ruger ain't the way to go. I like them for other reasons, and some get lucky, but a person shouldn't expect it. Tht said, I've not seen any that shoot REALLY bad. Not 3 moa with handloads, for sure.

Ok, lt, don't want to disappoint. smile

Mule Deer: Re: old or new Ruger77 accuracy
I've owned a pile of 77's of all eras. While one barrel truly sucked (a 7x57 with a bore that had numerous loose spots, with the tight spots measuring .287"), all the others shot anywhere from acceptably to very well. My acceptable rating is three shots in an inch for big game rifles, and five shots in an inch for varmint rifles, and very well is half that. Most of them required some work on the bedding and the trigger, but then a lot of factory rifles do.

The big problem I've seen with some of the tang-safety rifles is very long throats in some older chamberings, such as 7x57.

Boxer � Big Stick
I�ve Ruger familiarity and accept them for what they are. Light or bullet proof they are not, though curiously enough they are oft maligned by the masses for �accuracy� woe which I�ve yet to see, though of course I shoot a bit, which tend to tip numerous scales.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime