Originally Posted by ken999
Be sure to look at Lathrop and Sons. They carry Hanwags and will use tracings of your own feet to cut their Synergy footbeds to lock your feet into the boots.

I beat my feet with the Asolos I was wearing to the point where I'd be in pain at the 3 mlle mark when carrying any weight. The Trapper Tops from L&S fixed all that. I've actually got the older version of the footbed, not the new Synergy, which are supposed to be a nice improvement.

What he said - in spades! I ordered a pair of La Sportiva's a number of years ago and thought they were fine. Wore them on 2 sheep hunts and on the second trip, I got blisters on both heels. We had to call the plane in early to pick us up because of that. Lottsa money shot for my stupidity. A trip to the foot doc confirmed it - they were at least 1 size too small. I ended up losing the toenail on both large toes as well. Enter Lathrop & Sons & their Han-Wags. I posted my comments here on the board as to what boots everybody liked. Some "wag" comes back with the comment "Bear, we gotta get you a pair of Han-Wag's." don't remember who it was tho. Anyway, I ordered a pair of them and although kind of expensive and a bit of a wait, they fit just fine. There was no problem with fit right out of the box. I haven't taken them on another sheep hunt but they have been up on the slope 2 years running on caribou trips. Up there, it's at least 5 miles off the road if you use a rifle so these puppys have received a workout. It's gonna be a sheep hunt this year too. IMHO, you can't go wrong with the Han-Wags. Good luck.
Bear in Fairbanks

"Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes."
Amazingly, I've lived long enough to see a President who is worse than Carter.
And finally,
Gun control means using two hands.